Five teams from NU SEDS recieved funding for social entrepreneurship projects
The awards ceremony for the winners of the Jas Social Impact contest of the Nazarbayev University Social Development Fund was held on October 1. Twelve teams received grants for the social projects implementation. 5 projects from them were founded by students, alumni or employees of the NU School of Engineering and Digital Sciences:
- The iz Project (“iz” in Kazakh means “trace”) is aimed to empower the ethnic immigrant youth in Kazakhstan to better integrate into Kazakh society. Project Leader – Yingkar Bahetnur, an alumna of the NU School of Engineering and Digital Sciences
- In Qazaq (IQ) is a project that offers relevant, useful content in the Kazakh language in the Internet to popularize the state language. The project leader is Beibit Zharylkasyn, a 3rd year student of the NU School of Engineering and Digital Sciences.
- Tiny Greens, project leader – Zarema Balgabekova – a 4th year student of the NU School of Engineering and Digital Sciences. The goal of the project is to involve retirees in Nur-Sultan in an active and social life in the post-pandemic period, to improve their health and show them the possibility of additional earnings in retirement through the cultivation of microgreens.
- Access to quality education – a project that will help 12 children from socially vulnerable categories of the population to apply for a grant to the best Kazakhstani universities. The project leader is Arnur Gadylbekov, an alumnus of the NU School of Engineering and Digital Sciences.
- Speak Qazaq – the Kazakh language teaching online platform for 5-10 years old children. The project leader is Dinara Ibrayeva, General Manager at the NU School of Engineering and Digital Sciences.
Congratulations to all the winners! The full list of the winners is available by the link.