Jas Social Impact winners: ‘Speak Qazaq’ project
We decided to tell you more about each project that received the grant of Jas Social Impact competition organized by NU Social Development Fund.
The first one is ‘Speak Qazaq’ project. The team members are Dinara Ibrayeva, Ainur Jumagaliyeva and Aida Sultanali, employees of the NU School of Engineering and Digital Sciences.
❓: Please tell us about your project
❗ : Our team decided to develop online interactive platform for Kazakh language learning for young learners aged 5-10 years old. The goals of the project are:
- Promote and popularize the state language among children and motivate them to learn Kazakh language
- Offer suitable environment and services for parents, who are in search for effective online Kazakh language courses for their children
- Deepen connection to Kazakh culture and identity of children living in urban regions.
❓: Why did you decide to choose this sphere?
❗ : We as parents, who are motivated and would like our children to learn communicative Kazakh language, faced the problem of lack of online instruments to teach/learn Kazakh language to little children.
❓: What are the next steps?
❗ : Next steps include the development of the unique curriculum, the development of the interactive online platform, recruitment and training of teachers of Kazakh language, implementing curriculum products using the online platform for young learners.
❓: Could you please advise how to get funding for a social and business idea?
❗ : We have the following advises for those who decided to get a grant for a project:
- Look for different funding opportunities/grants and announcements;
- Plan your application carefully and read the instructions;
- Ensure to complete all the required forms and submit the necessary documents before the deadline;
- Tell your reviewers the importance and relevance of your project;
- Believe in your idea and the team members.
We wish good luck to the winners and waiting the implementation of the platform! Stay tuned for the next stories from the winners of the competition!