The Master of Engineering Management (MEM) degree program is a specialized degree program offered by School of Engineering and Digital Sciences in partnership with Graduate School of Business at Nazarbayev University. The aim of the program is to prepare students with the technical skills and business knowledge for leadership of engineering-related units of enterprises with innovative solutions for complex business problems. The MEM program emphasizes adapting and applying analytical skills and scientific knowledge into business practice.
Biomedical Engineering is an interdisciplinary specialty that applies engineering principles to solve clinical problems. This discipline commonly deals with medical therapies, monitoring devices, and diagnostic tools. The contributions of biomedical engineering to society have grown rapidly since WW II. In fact, the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) recently listed the most prominent modern-day technologies and applications that have come about as a result of biomedical engineering.
The program is designed to provide advanced skills and a detailed knowledge base at the graduate level for individuals working in academia, industry or research settings in Kazakhstan or throughout the world. The MSc ECE provides a comprehensive technological and scientific preparation for engineers in 2 (two) key areas of Electrical and Computer Engineering: (a) Electrical Engineering; and (b) Computer Engineering.
The program intends to prepare graduates for jobs in growing priority sectors in Kazakhstan, including multiple manufacturing sectors, such as machinery, energy, chemistry, electronics and innovation. Graduates of the program will have advanced research skills that would enable them to explore important questions in intelligent systems and make significant ongoing contributions in technologically diverse and dynamic economic environments, both in Kazakhstan and abroad.
The program is designed to provide students with in-depth knowledge of basic computer science disciplines, along with the study of new industries (mobile and mass computing, multi factor authentication, privacy and security, permanent data collection, big data analysis and data production). Students will receive the ability to either continue their educational training at the doctoral level or immediately utilize their training in key economic sectors such as government, business, industry, health care, and education.
The program offers a research-and student-centered education. The balance of emphasis on fundamentals, recent computational innovations, big data analytics, and applied artificial intelligence will stimulate and accelerate knowledge discoveries.
The Master of Science in Chemical and Materials Engineering (MSc-ChME) degree program is a specialized degree program offered by the School of Engineering and Digital Sciences (SEDS) at Nazarbayev University (NU). The program is research oriented and it is designed to provide the skills required to solve advanced technical problems in chemical and materials engineering through a combination of Thesis Research and advanced coursework. All students in the MSc-ChME program will take a number of advanced core courses in key fundamental chemical engineering areas such as transport phenomena, applied mathematics, chemical reaction engineering, materials characterization and materials processing.
The Master of Science in Civil & Environmental Engineering (MSc-CEE) degree program is a specialized degree program offered by School of Engineering and Digital Sciences (SEDS) at Nazarbayev University (NU). This MSc-CEE program focuses on Infrastructure Systems, Transportation Systems and Vertical Structures.
The Master of Science in Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MSc-MAE) degree program is a specialized degree program offered by School of Engineering and Digital Sciences at Nazarbayev University. The MSc-MAE provides a comprehensive technology preparation for engineers from several disciplines related to the areas of design, maintenance, oil and gas, petrochemical, heat and power generation, food processing, automotive, mining, environment, aerospace and transportation, in perfect alignment with today´s technological challenges.
Applicants applying to the program are expected to have:
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and a graduate/postgraduate degree (if applicable) in a relevant discipline. During the application period, final year students may submit the official current transcript for consideration;
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.0 (or equivalent);
- High level of English proficiency. The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the program is:
- Overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-scores no less than 6.0) or the equivalent TOEFL (with the exception of Home Edition) score as posted on the ETS website;
- The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test report for conditional admission (NUZYP) is an overall IELTS test score of 5.5, with no more than one sub-score of 5.0, or the equivalent TOEFL scores as posted on the ETS website;
- Applicants, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
- an undergraduate and/or graduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English;
- the applicant is a graduate of Nazarbayev University.
- Strong reading, analytical, and mathematical skills as demonstrated by GRE test (optional). Although an official GRE score is not an essential requirement, an applicant can enhance her/his application with a competitive GRE score
- High motivation and a strong interest in the program as outlined in a statement of purpose
Application package checklist:
- Complete Application form
- National ID (for the citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan) and passport (for international applicants)
- Official document confirming name change (if applicable)
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree diploma with transcript; During the application period final year students may upload official current transcript for consideration
- An official electronic IELTS/TOEFL certificate (valid at the time of document submission) sent to the University through IELTS/TOEFL VERIFICATION SERVICES. Code for IELTS: Nazarbayev University. Code for TOEFL: 6762
- Document confirming English as the language of instruction (only for applicants who earned their degree in a program which was taught in English and request an exemption from submitting IELTS or TOEFL). Applicants should provide a detailed certificate/reference from the university indicating the number and list of subjects completed in English
- Curriculum vitae (up to 2 pages)
- GRE certificate valid as of the date of online documents submission (if applicable)
- Statement of purpose (up to 1 page)
- Two letters of recommendation (to be provided by referees electronically or in hard copy);
Application periods for Masters programs:
- for International applicants from November 22, 2021 – February 28, 2022 (inclusive)
- for the citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan from November 22, 2021 – April 18, 2022 (inclusive)